Thursday’s latest stories from the world of football in ESPN FC’s What’s Trending…
– Corrigan: Asensio stars as Real Madrid stroll past Barca
BARCELONA: The club are close to completing deals for Philippe Coutinho and Ousmane Dembele, the club’s general manager, Pep Segura, has revealed.
– Gerard Pique says for the first time since he joined Barcelona he feels inferior to Real Madrid.
– Real Madrid winger Marco Asensio’s agent has told Bleacher Report that Barcelona “lost the opportunity” to sign the player as a teenager due to a disagreement over payment terms with his former club Real Mallorca.
– Paulinho has been hailed for his generosity after leaving Guangzhou Evergrande to join Barcelona earlier this week.
– WATCH: Barca’s dire needs
EVERTON: Gylfi Sigurdsson has completed his transfer to Everton from Swansea City, signing a five-year contract and moving for a club-record fee.
LIVERPOOL: Goalkeeper Simon Mignolet insists Liverpool know only one way to play and will not compromise their attacking football to reduce the defensive risks
– U.S. international Christian Pulisic has said he is happy at Borussia Dortmund amid renewed rumours he could join Liverpool.
CHAMPIONS LEAGUE: Goals from Dries Mertens and Jorginho were enough to earn Napoli a 2-0 win against Nice, while Celtic thrashed Astana and there were wins for Sevilla, Olympiakos and Hapoel Be’er Sheva. FULL REVIEW
MAN CITY: The club are considering making a move for West Brom defender Jonny Evans, a source has told ESPN.
MAN UNITED: Jose Mourinho is prepared to wait until January before making further additions to his Manchester United squad after deciding against funding a move for a fourth summer signing by offloading his fringe players, sources have told ESPN FC.
Follow @ESPNFC on Twitter to keep up with the latest football updates.