Alexis Sánchez, Arsenal, Blog - Transfer Talk, Blog Post, Clubs, Manchester City, Transfers


The guys respond to tweets about a possible MLS Super Cup, Alexis Sanchez’s worth compared to Philippe Coutinho’s and more.
Arsene Wenger has said he’d rather keep Alexis Sanchez at the club and take a financial loss at the end of the Chilean’s contract.

The football world is awash with gossip. Transfer Talk is monitoring the whispers ahead of all the summer moves. Check out the latest deals and potential deals here.

TOP STORY: City to push Arsenal over Alexis stance

Manchester City will make a late move in a bid to pry Alexis Sanchez away from Arsenal, offering £70 million for the Chilean, reports the Mirror.

Pep Guardiola is determined to link up with Sanchez once again, having worked together at Barcelona. Guardiola has spent relentlessly this summer overhauling his squad and a move for Sanchez would send their total spending to almost £250m.

Arsene Wenger is adamant the Gunners are prepared to risk losing Sanchez for free in a year and have offered him £300,000 per week to extend his stay at the Emirates.

In addition to Sanchez, City remain in the market for a centre-back and will bid £20m for Middlesbrough’s Ben Gibson.

The Mirror claims City have shifted targets after seeing their £18m offer for Jonny Evans knocked back, with West Brom demanding an eye-watering £30m.

LIVE BLOG:

11.32 BST: Talking of Samir Nasri, he has posted a picture of himself boarding a flight this morning — presumably to Turkey ahead of pushing through his move to Antalyaspor…

✈️ ✈️….

A post shared by Samir Nasri (@samnasri8) on

11.19 BST: Samir Nasri, remember him? Manchester City’s forgotten man, who spent last season on loan at Sevilla, could be on his way to Antalyaspor. BBC Sport claims the midfielder is in talks with the Turkish club and is set to sign a two-year deal after completing a medical.

10.45 BST: Kylian Mbappe‘s future has been the subject of plenty of speculation this summer but it could finally be about to be resolved, according to Mundo Deportivo, which says Paris Saint-Germain have reached an agreement with Monaco to sign the forward for €200 million. The report adds that the 18-year-old could be presented as a new signing by PSG next week.

10.25 BST: Ahead of today’s Premier League clash between Tottenham and Chelsea at Wembley, the Sunday Times is reporting that the Blues are looking to swipe one of their rivals’ key players by making a move for Toby Alderweireld, who is said to be “unsettled” in North London.

10.03 BST: Burnley are edging ever closer to completing the signing of Chris Wood from Leeds, with the Lancashire Telegraph reporting that the £15 million deal for the forward is due to be finalised on Monday.

09.36 BST: Fenerbahce’s 18-year-old midfielder Oguz Kagan Guctekin seems to have won more than a few admirers in the Premier League, with The Sun reporting that Arsenal and Tottenham have joined in the race to sign the youngster alongside Manchester City, though Pep Guardiola’s side have apparently had a £4.5 million offer rejected by the Turkish club.

09.19 BST: It could be a busy end to the transfer window for Chelsea, according to the Daily Express, which claims the club could spend up to £200 million on five new players. Antonio Conte has apparently got his eye on Southampton defensive trio Virgil van Dijk, Cedric Soares and Ryan Bertrand, as well as Leicester midfielder Danny Drinkwater and Arsenal’s Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain.

09.05 BST: Good morning all and welcome back to Transfer Talk… It’s with Barcelona target Ousmane Dembele we start first, with his club Borussia Dortmund saying that they must take a stance against his behaviour to set an example for the rest of the Bundesliga. Dembele is currently serving an indefinite suspension at Dortmund after skipping training last week in an attempt to force a move to Barca. Full story.

Barca to up Coutinho bid to £130m

After three failed bids, Barcelona could be forgiven for walking away from their pursuit of Philippe Coutinho. They appear to be trapped though, battling to save face after having Neymar snatched from them by Paris Saint-German.

Liverpool deemed £119m insufficient and maintain that no price will force them to sell the Brazilian, at least this summer, but the Express believes a fourth offer worth £130m is coming.

The report believes there is a price at which the Reds would part ways with Coutinho — £140m.

Liverpool are thought to have been angered by the Spanish side’s persistence after the Blaugrana only offered £80m up front, spread over five years.

Chelsea strike Costa deal with Atletico

Diego Costa’s desperation to move to Atletico Madrid is clear, but the La Liga club have so far failed to offer enough to tempt Chelsea into selling their controversial striker. However, Spanish radio station Onda Cero believes an agreement has now been made.

The Blues will even turn a profit, banking £41m up front and potentially receive a further £9m in performance-related add-ons.

Atleti will wait for Chelsea to resolve their dispute with Costa — who has been fined £300,000 for failing to show up for training — but a deal now seems imminent, with all parties happy and Chelsea securing a £6.4m profit three years after signing the Spain international.

Given that Atletico cannot register Costa until January and the 28-year-old wants to maintain form ahead of the World Cup, the Mirror believes Everton could emerge as an unlikely landing spot for a short-term loan.

Tap-ins

– AC Milan will add Fiorentina striker Nikola Kalinic before the deadline and then move for Lazio star Keita Balde, reports Corriere dello Sport.

– Another exciting young forward in Serie A that could move before the deadline is Sampdoria’s Patrik Schick.

Juventus appeared set to sign the Czech talent before an issue with his medical report, which has allowed rivals Roma to move in.

Andy Carroll could be set for a sensational return to Newcastle with West Ham desperate to cut their losses, reports the Sun.

The Geordie striker joined the Hammers in 2013 for £15m but has failed to bring value after a number of injuries have limited his availability.

– Finally, Barcelona will pay the buy-out clause for Nice star Jean Seri, according to Mundo Deportivo.

The Ivorian midfielder will cost €40m and the move could be finalised after the French side’s Champions League playoff second leg against Napoli next week.

Follow @ESPNFC on Twitter to keep up with the latest football updates.



Source link

Articles You May Like

Weston McKennie on breakout 2017 – from Schalke U19s to goal for US
Peter Stogers first priority should be uniting fractured Borussia Dortmund
Celtic’s Rodgers hails ‘highly gifted’ Ntcham as run extends to 69 games
Not a problem if Antoine Griezmann asks to leave Atletico Madrid – Diego Simeone
FC Cologne vs. SC Freiburg – Football Match Report – December 10, 2017

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *