Coronavirus: Leicester City trio in self-isolation after showing symptoms


Pep Guardiola says matches should be suspended rather than playing with no fans amid coronavirus concerns.

Three unnamed Leicester City players are in self-isolation after showing symptoms for the coronavirus, manager Brendan Rodgers has said.

– Coronavirus: Cancellations and reactions in sports
– Juventus defender Rugani tests positive for the coronavirus
Mbappe tests negative for the coronavirus
Man United back Prem suspension for the coronavirus 

“We’ve had a few players that have shown symptoms and signs [of coronavirus],” Rodgers said in a news conference on Thursday. “We’ve followed procedures and [as a precaution] they have been kept away from the squad.

“We have a fantastic medical team here at the club that gives guidance to the players and staff and everyone. It’s been made pretty clear about what we should look out for.”

The Premier League’s next round of fixtures — scheduled for this weekend — are due to go ahead as planned.

The world of football has been heavily affected by the growing coronavirus outbreak. La Liga announced on Thursday that the first and second divisions have been suspended for the next two matchdays.

The decision came after Real Madrid were placed into quarantine and all activity at their training complex was cancelled after one of the club’s basketball players tested positive.

Three unnamed Leicester City players are in self isolation as the coronavirus outbreak continues to affect world football.

Meanwhile, Juventus defender Daniele Rugani has tested positive for the coronavirus, the Italian club announced on Wednesday, and is the most prominent professional footballer to test positive for the virus.

German second division club Hannover 96 have said their entire team is in quarantine after a second player tested positive for the coronavirus.

Confident on Wednesday that the case of defender Timo Hubers would remain isolated, a test on defender Jannes Horn on Thursday also came back positive. The club said that is is “highly likely” that Hubers and Horn are two independent and isolated cases.

The club said they have asked the German Football League (DFL) to suspend the upcoming games against Dynamo Dresden and VfL Osnabruck.

Previously, the DFL said they will not make a decision on the near future of the two upper German leagues prior to a meeting on Monday. That could now be subject to change.

Former Southampton striker Manolo Gabbiadini has also tested positive, his club Sampdoria has announced.





Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *