The coronavirus outbreak has made the summer transfer window uncertain, but here are the new rumours floating around Europe’s big leagues and beyond.
TOP STORY: Liverpool eye move for Brozovic
Brozovic, 27, has been a key part of Inter’s season before the coronavirus outbreak. The Croatian midfielder reportedly has a €60m release clause in his contract and Inter turned down a bid of around €40m from Tottenham for him back in 2018.
09.00 BST: ESPN’s Insider notebook is live and has plenty of gems, including:
– Jose Mourinho had an agreement to join Liverpool in 2004 before he ended up moving to Chelsea.
– The Portuguese boss also once saved a teammate from a burning car.
– Man United’s interest in Borussia Dortmund winger Jadon Sancho is well documented, but what might come as a surprise is that the Germany side wanted Mason Greenwood in return when they tried to buy him in the summer.
– Signing a goal-scoring forward at Real Madrid is “a priority” for next season, but the players are well aware there are no guarantees any newcomer will be able to deliver.
“All the names being talked about are really good, but Real Madrid is something else,” one senior player said.
Aranguiz, 30, is out of contract this summer and is reportedly set to sign a two-year contract.
08.00 BST: It’s fair to say it hasn’t really worked out for Patrick Roberts since he moved from Fulham to Man City in 2015.
The young winger has been shipped out on loan plenty of times and has barely impacted the first team at City, but TEAMtalk reckons that Celtic are keen to take their former loanee on a permanent deal.
Celtic have made a £3m bid — though City paid £12m for him so will probably want a bit more.
PAPER TALK (by Harry Kettle)
Man United lead Bellingham race
The Red Devils have been after the 16-year-old midfielder for quite some time now, with the report suggesting that the club blew him away when he visited their Carrington training ground last month.
Borussia Dortmund were initially thought to be the favourites, with Chelsea also being in the running, but Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is determined to secure a deal worth £35m — potentially even rising to £50m with future add-ons.
Coutinho staying at Barca?
The news comes from Barca manager Quique Setien who has been singing the Brazilian’s praises as of late, noting that he is counting on him to be at Camp Nou at the start of next season.
If he were to stay in Catalonia, the Brazil international’s ongoing transfer saga may conclude after being linked with several Premier League sides such as Tottenham Hotspur, Chelsea, and Leicester City.
Militao to stay at Madrid
The 22-year-old officially signed for Real from Porto back in July 2019, and as the third-choice centre-back in the eyes of many, the expectation was that he may start to look elsewhere for more first team opportunities once the season finishes.
However, Real took the youngster to one side in February and let him know that they wouldn’t be looking to sell him during the upcoming transfer window.
– Everton are interested in signing Torino forward Andrea Belotti, Tuttosport reports. The popular Italian has a release clause of around £78m to clubs outside the country and, with both Manchester United and Napoli being in the running, Toffees boss Carlo Ancelotti faces a battle to sign the man he’s been after since his days as both Napoli and Bayern Munich manager.
– Juventus are planning on keeping hold of defender Merih Demiral, Calciomercato reports. The Turkey international made the jump over from Sassuolo in 2019 yet, despite his high transfer value and a series of clubs being interested in his services, the Old Lady hopes to keep hold of him as his five-year contract continues.